At Trixies Aveda Salon, we have always prided ourselves in being a supportive community member and a cheerleader for the growth of Des Moines. In order to continue to protect our community, things will look a little different at your next visit to Trixies Salon. We are still here excited to be back helping you feel your best.
We are committed to the safety, sanitation and well-being of our community and will be following these protocols when re-opening:
- All team members and guests MUST wear masks. You can bring your own, or we will have a limited amount available for a small charge. (cont’d)
- We will require a $20 deposit for new customer haircuts, paid upon booking. That deposit will be put towards your services.
- While current clients will not need to provide a deposit for haircuts, we will require a $50 deposit for any chemical and spa services, paid upon booking. That deposit will be put towards your services.
- When you arrive at Trixies for your appointment, please wait in your car until we contact you to let you know your stylist is available. We will be fully sanitizing between each client and also want to make sure we limit the amount of people in the salon at a time.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival to the salon. No one with a fever (temperature above 100* F) may enter the building.
- Please come to your appointment by yourself and have loved ones wait in the car.
- If you are bringing a young child for an appointment, you may come in as needed, but both parties must still wear masks. If you are bringing an older child, please wait in the car.
- Touchless Greetings & Goodbyes – we LOVE you, but we will not be shaking hands or hugging until it is deemed safe.
- Hand washing is required upon entry to the building.
- We will have a plexiglass shield at the front desk for person to person interaction.
- Please keep personal items that you bring in to the salon with you to a minimum. Please leave large handbags or work bags in your car.
- We are temporarily discontinuing:
Our wellness menu and complimentary services such as scalp and shoulder massages
Serving any beverages
- We are excited to announce we are now blow drying at the salon as of Monday, August 3rd! If you are more comfortable with a dry cut or to leave towel dried, of course we are happy to do so.
- A fresh and clean, dry cape will be used for each guest, as always. Tools and towels are also regularly disinfected.
- No seating will be available in our waiting area.
- We will be strictly adhering to sanitation protocols and will be doing so regularly throughout the day in common areas and between every appointment.
- We will be extending our hours to accommodate as many guests as we can, as soon as we can. We will also be spacing out appointments to ensure we can adhere to all guidelines, including small groups and sanitation protocols. With that said, we ask for your patience, as we will be busy!
- Walk-In appointments will be temporarily discontinued. Please call to schedule an appointment or schedule online when available.
Lastly, If you are ill or have any symptoms, please cancel your appointment. If you live with someone who has been recently ill, please reschedule your appointment. Our staff will not be at work if they have a fever or are ill and we ask that you do the same.