She is an new Image Consultant at our Altoona location! She wil be taking guests in a couple short weeks.. stop in to meet her today- you will love her warm, welcoming smile!
My name is Shannon Baarda. I grew up in a small town NW of Altoona. I graduated from Colfax-Mingo High School. In my 20s I worked customer service and was a mommy. In my 30s and early 40s I was a dental assistant.I now have the opportunity to have the career that I have always wanted as a Hair Stylist. In a few short months I will also be a licensed Esthetician.
I have a 25 yr old son, Matt, and a 21 yr old daughter, Meghan. Matt is a correctional officer. He and his fiance, MacKena, are getting married at the end of September. She is an Occupational Therapy Assistant for the Cedar Rapids School District. My daughter Meghan is starting her last semester at Simpson College. She graduates in December and is then moving to Belfast, Northern Ireland for graduate school.
I am so excited to have the opportunity to live my dreams and so blessed to be able to do so at Trixies. I look forward to learning and growing as a stylist, and I can’t wait to make all of your beauty dreams come true!
1) 2 kids – son, Matt is 24, daughter, Meghan is 21
2) 2 dogs – yorkie poos – Sophie & Ruby
3) favorite movies – “Dirty Dancing” & “Pretty Woman”
4) favorite animal – Giraffe
5) favorite food – Macaroni and Cheese
6) favorite colors – orange & fushia
7) favorite season – Autumn
8) favorite flower – gerber daisy
9) love listening to live music
10) knits scarves
11) can sing
12) favorite holiday – Christmas
13) strives to bring the inner beauty of my guests out so they know and feel as beautiful as I know they are
14) favorite dessert – tarimisu
15) I make friends every where I go through my smile and kind words.
16) empathetic, compassionate, kind, and caring
17) wanted to be a stylist for almost 30 yrs and finally living my life long dream
18) can’t wait to be a grandma, love babies
19) #1 bucket list destination – Italy
20) favorite vacation spot – St. George Island, FL
21) favorite tv show – Friends
22) used to be a dental assistant
23) loves babies and puppies
24) mom was/is my hero, confidante, and best friend (died 11 yrs ago)
25) favorite scents – bergamot, vanilla, and sandalwood
26) love riding on the back of a motorcycle feeling the wind in my face
27) love the beach and the feel of the sand between my toes
28) Netflix binger
29) love making others feel special and important
30) love a cup of coffee in the morning