Meet Maddie, our newest addition to the Trixies Southside team!
“Hi, I’m Maddie! I’m orginally from Sioux City, IA and currently live in Ames. I went to two years of college in Omaha before attending Xenon Academy in Omaha for cosmetology. I love this industry because my day is always something different and I get to connect with people and make them feel their best!”
Here are 20 fun facts about the “new girl”…
1. I am an avid outdoors (wo)man, camper, hiker, and backpacker. I’m always up for an outdoor adventure.
2. I come from a big, blended family of 5 brothers and 1 sister! All equally as outdoorsy! It must be a family thing :]
3. I worked at a dog daycare/dog groomer in college. I’m a self-proclaimed dog expert.
4. I played soccer for 13 years!
5. My celebrity crush is John Krasinski. (Jim from The Office)
6. I have never been able to parallel park. I always make my boyfriend Ryan do it for me. So if it involves parallel parking, just don’t invite me.
7. My drink of choice is either Blue Moon or a vodka-cranberry.
8. My favorite song of all time is Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror.”
9. My biggest pet peeve is when people put their children on leashes.
10. My favorite food is a quesadilla!
11. My very best friend in the world is my biological brother, Ben.
12. I cry at basically everything. Really happy? Crying. Really sad? Crying. Really mad? I’m crying.
13. I LOVE scary movies! The scarier, the better!
14. 2 of my 10 tattoos are matching with my best friend in Omaha, Julia.
15. I’m biased, but my 3 year old niece, Rose, is the coolest kid around.
16. I am a big Harry Potter nerd! (Proud Hufflepuff!)
17. On my days off, you can find me hanging out with my roommates, having a beer, and playing Settlers of Catan.
18. I did 7 years of choir, showchoir, and voice lessons. So, naturally, I love karaoke nights!
19. Joe Biden is quite possibly my favorite person ever. (All politics aside)
20. I listen to Christmas music year round. Yes, I’m that person.
Be sure to say hello next time you are in if you haven’t had a chance to meet her yet! xoxo