Category: Community

Jacob visits Malta

Jacob Zauche, Trixies Salon All aspects of our life revolve around storytelling, from reading children’s books to poems from Shakespeare. For editorial stylists, the story behind the photo is just as important as the hair, makeup, and wardrobe. I’m gonna tell a story about my experience of traveling to Malta with an amazing group of… Read more »

READ MORE

Our shoot with Breastfeeding World

What an honor it was to be asked to do hair and makeup with Raelyn for the breastfeeding world shoot. The day was filled with love, honesty, pitter patter of little feet, and all these gorgeous Mommies coming together for one beautiful shoot. This experience was an embodiment of the statement, “it takes a village,”… Read more »

READ MORE

Myrtle Mae Smiles!

Tricia Rivas, Owner of Trixies (and Myrtle Mae!) When you’re obsessed with camping, and especially vintage campers, it only makes sense that you would buy one and redo it! We had been searching on Craig’s List for many months to find the perfect gem. We finally did in Atlanta, Iowa. So here she is… Myrtle… Read more »

READ MORE

Only Lovers Left Alive…

Have you ever heard of the movie “Only Lovers Left Alive?” I hadn’t either but when Raelyn asked Trixies to be part of this shoot and help with planning, of course we jumped on board, and I rented the movie ASAP. I was instantly intrigued and drawn into the movies textures, colors, sounds, and how… Read more »

READ MORE

Meet Angelina!

MEET ANGELINA! I love the winter, snow makes me happy, and the crisp cold air is refreshing. Besides doing hair, photography is my creative outlet. I’m a burrito connoisseur. I have never been on a plane or left the country. Reading and writing has gotten me through some difficult times, words allow me to process… Read more »

READ MORE

“Calgon, Take Me Away!”

Why not let Trixies Altoona Spa be your Calgon… Tricia Rivas, Trixies Salon So, we have to be real honest: this whole spa thing is new to us at Trixies. We’ve spent the last 8 years focusing on hair. Oh man, are we having a ball though! This last year has kept us busy educating… Read more »

READ MORE

It’s all about that walk, Guuurl!

Jacob Zauche, Trixies Salon Whether you’re a fashionista or a fashion disaster, there is no experience like being at Fashion Week! Seeing the work of designers and stylists coming together to make flawless and cohesive looks walking down the runway in front of tons of people is truly like nothing else! The models make it… Read more »

READ MORE

Stand Up for Clean Water

Hannah Arant, Trixies Salon Lack of clean water is a threat to survival for 700 million people every day. Thats right. 700. Million. People. 🙁 Every April, during Earth Month, Aveda donates 100% of the purchase price of the limited-editionlight the way candlesâ„¢to Global Greengrants Fund. Together we’ve helped 1,137,428 people in 88 countries. Trixies… Read more »

READ MORE

All About Waxing!

Kaley-Ryan, Esthetician at Trixies Are you tired of shaving? Spending an hour or two to get every nook and cranny smooth but then finding Athat one spot you missed? And then having to do it all over AGAIN two days later? Solution! Waxing is the answer to all your hair-y problems! Sure, your neighbor’s friend’s… Read more »

READ MORE