Since the young age of 14, I started using tanning beds. I begged my mom to let me tan my freshmen year of high school, she signed the waiver, and well the rest is history. Iowa is one of only a few states left that has no regulations on tanning beds. Meaning, you can be any age to tan in them. I hope someday really soon that changes. Tanning became a full-time addiction. Not only did I begin tanning for dances but I started tanning year round for a nice, so I thought, glow. I don't even remember spray tans existing back in 2003, and if they did, I didn't care. I started tanning because it made me feel better, I don't think there is one person that can disagree. A tan makes you feel SOOOO GOOD! Now after getting a college degree, I realize there is scientific evidence behind why it makes you feel so good but look so bad!
Fast forward 8 or so years and I started working part-time at a tanning salon, tanning almost daily in a high powered bed. I literally never knew what I looked like until recently when I compared photos (photos below). My GOD! My poor skin. It isn't like you completely shed your skin, you literally have the skin you are given. The largest organ in your body and I was destroying mine. After my trip to Jamaica in 2015, I stopped tanning in a tanning bed. People around me started getting cancer, not necessarily melanoma but cancer in general. I really started to evaluate my life and the things I was doing to prevent me from not living longer. I've got a great life, I remember thinking. An amazing job, a good boyfriend, a cute dog, a pretty home, I wanted to be around. I decided I was going to take the pledge to be white, or at least until I stumbled upon airbrush tanning.
Airbrush tanning forever changed my life and I how view "fake tans". I always thought people looked orange.....some do. That's why I did extensive research to find a great product to offer my people of Des Moines! In July of 2016 Bronze515 was born and it has officially become my first born child, my passion, my future, my everything. I can't wait to see where this small business is in the next year or two. I've created this brand from the ground up, given the people of Des Moines hope. Hope that there is a safer alternative to achieving an instant glow.
Why should you consider an airbrush tan?
- They are more affordable than you think. One airbrush tan at Bronze515 ranges from $35-45, depending on the service you select. Our products are gluten free, vegan, paraben free, and more! The tans last anywhere from 5-10 days. They do not contain SPF so make sure you always have some when on while outdoors!
- While there is no scientific research to back this up, most would agree that a single airbrush session gives you about the same amount of color you would get from going into a tanning bed 8-10 times.
- It only takes about 4 minutes to actually give you a full body airbrush tan! Think of how much time you’ve spent outdoors or in tanning beds?
- We have multiple color options at Bronze515 ranging from a nice glow to a tropical Mediterranean tan! When you arrive to your appointment we will discuss all your options!
- One in five people will develop skin cancer throughout their lifetime. Airbrush tanning is the future!
- An airbrush tan is different than a booth tan in the sense that you can customize it to the client. If a client wants their face darker than their legs or their legs darker than their face or arms, you can make that happen. In a booth that isn’t possible. Also, those hard to reach areas where the solution tends to never get you dark, we at Bronze515 get those dark! Based on our technique and experience working with all different body types we are masters at this!
- Great for last minute events!
- You are saving your life!
- Never, ever feel orange!
At Bronze515 you will get the best experience possible. I've been trained by leading experts in the airbrush tanning industry. Most recently I attended training in West Hollywood, California with Jenni Blafer, Owner of Sunkissed by Jenni. Jenni is a celebrity airbrush tanning artist, with an extensive A-list Clientele.
You can book your tan conveniently online at www.bronze515.com. We’ve done over 2500 tans and were voted best local tanning salon by Cityview both 2017 & 2018. We live by our moto, Be Bold. Be Beautiful. Be Bronze and you should too! Have more questions? Email us, email@example.com.